Janus’ Life Coaching approach is to redirect individuals with entrenched behaviour away from offending behaviour and substance misuse
Our life coaching package is an eclectic approach, designed to be adaptive to the unique requirements of those who are motivated to change lifestyle and behaviour.
Janus recognises that a variety of approaches is required to work with a diverse and complex client group. Our approach draws on four perspectives aiming to provide a greater capacity to address entrenched behaviour:
- TGROW model that is used to help to identify specific goals that the individual wants to achieve, and the actions required to achieve those goals.
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)is an approach that aims to address dysfunctional emotions, maladaptive behaviours and cognitive processes and contents through a number of goal-oriented procedures.
- Gestalt therapy is an existential/experiential form of therapy that emphasises personal responsibility, with a primary focus on how the individual experiences the:
• ‘present’ moment, environmental and social context of a person’s life
• self regulating adjustments individual’s constantly make regarding their overall situation
- The Resonance Factor: A Janus created model used to explore the relationship the individual has with their drug of choice. It includes a focus on the pleasure derived from drug use and the sacrifices that are made in pursuit of this pleasure. The 5 pillars of the Resonance Factor are, Justifications the client uses to support their drug behaviour, Uniqueness (Drug DNA), Cravings, Relapse Awareness and Transition (managing changing behaviours and thinking)